It looks like Yemi Alade and Patoranking are working on something fun for their legion of fans. In a series of photos shared exclusively on his official social media platforms, the music stars are seen dressed in traditional attire, while they both walk down the aisle, which makes us super curious about what their looks say about the music.
While they remain mum about what exactly they are working on, judging by the photos, fans will definitely love to know what they should expect-a music video from Yemi Alade or Patoraking. But another school of thought suggests the these are shots taken from his yet to be released visuals of “Mon Bebe” off his “Three” album.
See photos below;
Did You Miss The Show? Relax, The BBNaija Lockdown Highlights Are Here.
BBNaija Lockdown came at a time we all needed it most last year. It was a welcome distraction from the fact that we were facing our first pandemic, stuck at home, and unable to have the extravagant weekend parties we loved so much. The housemates were a well-thought-out mix of people from different backgrounds, whose individualities brought their game on. From their first night on the show, fans could already tell that they would like the lockdown geng, and they were not wrong.
Now, only five months after the most anticipated BBNaija finale, MultiChoice is bringing back highlights from our favorite show, and we couldn’t be more excited! Here’s why we’re looking forward to the highlights show:
- Our Favourite housemates: Fans get a chance to relive the moments where they decided to start ‘stanning’ their favorite Lockdown star. Viewers have been following the ex-housemates’ growth since they left Big Brother’s house, but they don’t have full access to their lives. This highlight gives them the chance to relish the idea that they know what is going on in each housemate’s lives and it’s a way to rekindle their love for them.
- All the Ships: The lockdown edition was almost the ‘romance’ edition. From the first week, housemates were already creating triangles, pairing up and falling in love. Lilo and Eric had what seemed to be a whirlwind romance. Ozo, Dorathy and Nengi were in a triangle, and Erica was also in a triangle with Laycon and Kiddwaya. Interestingly, Prince had the most complicated of all the ships, stuck between Tolanibaj, Nengi, and Wathoni. Some other romances began towards the end of the show, with Wathoni and Brighto starting something new. Other relationships like Neo and Vee’s up-and-down love and Prince and Dora’s best friendship also kept viewers stuck to their screens. We can’t wait to relive the defining moments in each of these relationships. We want to see the exact moment each couple became a thing, and other extra members of the triangles gave up. We can already see the drama loading!
- We get to wear our detector hats: Watching the highlights will help us trace the relationships that have bloomed out of the house. We get a chance to figure out the moment it became clear that Lucy and Ka3na would never be able to make a friendship work. Viewers can also take a minute to study the moment things started to shift between Prince and Dorathy, from besties to who knows what. The detectives among us will have their romance detectors out, ready to catch the exact switch moments.
- The fights: Even though the Lockdown housemates were kind to each other, they had some epic clashes. Ka3na and Lucy probably had the highest share of arguments, but Tolanibaj also gave us hot moments. We can’t wait to rewatch the iconic Vee and Neo ‘meuuve’ moment or the Erica and Wathoni fight. They were all essential to the much-needed entertainment the show brought to our lives. We can already foresee all the drama the different fan bases will bring on social media after they rewatch these Big Brother house disputes.
- Re-analyse the most controversial moments: There were certain moments in the Lockdown edition that housemates have said were misrepresented. One of those moments – Praise and Ka3na’s aggressive cuddling may finally make sense after we rewatch the act. Getting to watch Laycon’s protective behaviour towards Erica regarding Kiddwaya may also put certain statements he made into perspective.
- A chance to ask our favorite housemates questions: That’s right! Throughout the duration of the show, MultiChoice will be giving you the chance to send in all your pressing questions for your favorite housemates. All you have to do is record yourself asking the questions and if you’re lucky, your video will be played during the reunion show and you get to watch the housemate attempt to answer your question. Exciting right?
The highlights show starts airing on Africa Magic Urban (DStv channel 153) and Africa Magic Family (DStv channel 154 & GOtv channel 2) tonight March 1, 2021. Download the DStv App on your android or iOS device so you don’t miss a moment.
I Am Also Queen Of GH Music-FANTANA, Ghanaian Dancehall Artiste Declares
When Ghana’s New Dancehall sensation, Fantana played guest on Friday’s session “Efie Kwanso” a drive-time program with the award-winning radio host, Abeiku Santana, on Hitz FM, she made one thing clear when asked whether she “would agree/accept or call” Wendy Shay, who is her nemesis and a former label mate at Ruff Town Records as: “Queen of GH Music”.
After some few minutes of laughter, she replied a stark revelation-which is seemingly, her a response to the question.
She had this to say:
“We are all queens”!
She maintained that there is currently no bad blood between her and the “Uber Driver” Hit-maker and for the record she has the right to claim that title.
“I don’t have any ill intentions against her…. I believe everyone has the right to label themselves what they want to be labelled”, she explained.
Also, she revealed that her reason for signing with Ruff Town Records was because of the late Ebony Reigns whose second anniversary was celebrated earlier this month after her passing.
It might be recalled that the two artistes were embroiled in a bitter feud towards the end of last year with blaming Wendy over her inability to craft “Hit Songs” hence only creating attention for herself.
Fantana, on her part took tagged the “Uber Driver” singer with the “local champion” tag for the singer’s flaw to gain international recognition.
In the end, Fantana was booted from the label whilst the other managed to maintain her status quo with the record company.
Currently, Fantana is promoting her new single, “No Dulling”.
Nigerian Idol 2021 Premieres This March
Multichoice Nigeria last week announced that Season 6 of Nigerian Idol would premiere on 14 March.
The weekly show will return after a five-year hiatus and will be aired on DStv Channel 198 and GOtv Channel 29 at 6pm WAT.
The announcement follows online auditions, which were held from 29 November to 13 December when more than 3,600 entries were received. This year’s winner will walk away with a grand prize package worth more than ₦50m (about $130 000).
“This season of Nigerian Idol is like nothing you’ve ever seen,” MultiChoice Nigeria chief customer officer Martin Mabutho said. “In line with our promise to always bring the best and most entertaining content to our customers, we have put together a show that we’re sure will have viewers on the edge of their seats.
“Nigerian Idol is famed for producing superstars and this season, we’re going even bigger – with the grand prize and with everything else. We can’t wait to show you all we have planned.”
Africa Magic channel director Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu added: “We believe that this season’s Nigerian Idol will produce a fresh crop of talent who will be well-grounded to conquer both the local and global music scene.”
The show will be hosted by TV personality IK Osakioduwa and previously announced judges for the contest include Obi Asika, Seyi Shay and DJ Sose.
“I was excited when I was called to host this show because I once auditioned to host the contest and I didn’t get it,” Osakioduwa said. “I did go on to host something else that was just as grime and just as beautifully produced by African Magic or M-Net at the time, but now is a chance to go back and I am excited about this. I can guarantee that this will be like nothing the fans have ever seen.”
MTV Base Introduces The Culture Squad And New VJs
ViacomCBS Networks Africa is spicing things up this year with their introduction of new faces and a new crew. The illoustrous network will be bringing into the scene ‘The Cultural Squad’ and viewers can also look forward to new VJs.
The Culture Squad is a team of visionaries, creatives, and trendsetters who are pushing the culture forward across the network’s youth brands MTV, MTV Base, and BET Africa. This platform will give African talent a bigger stage to showcase their distinct originality, highlighting how they are influencing cultural shifts, setting trends and leading the conversation through a VJ centred content portfolio.
VJs across the network’s Pan African platforms will be at the forefront of the culture hosting iconic moments, meeting industry movers at home and abroad, entertaining viewers across several shows and getting involved in meaningful causes that are close to their hearts.
Monde Twala, Senior Vice President and General Manager at ViacomCBS Networks Africa said: “Base Day is a celebration and recognition of the power of youth culture across Africa.
“MTV base will continue to partner with trendsetters across all our brands.
“The Culture Squad reaffirms that commitment and we are thrilled to welcome our new MTV Base VJs Shamiso and Uncle Vinny to the family, as we elevate African talent to even greater heights and open up the industry”
Joining as MTV Base’s newest VJs are TV presenter Shamiso and all-round “Cool kid” Uncle Vinny. “I was definitely thrilled to be chosen, and as a fairly new presenter, it was a great opportunity for me. Anyone who works in the industry aspires to be at MTV Base at some point in their career, but coming here has been even better. The people are all so kind and so willing to teach, I definitely feel like I am getting better at my craft”, said Shamiso.
Uncle Vinny has made a name for himself as a cultural curator and recently featured as a panelist on MTV Base Hottest MCs New Wave List. “It’s been really exciting joining the ViacomCBS Networks Africa family.
“This is honestly my first big presenting job so it’s kind of scary at the same time but everyone has been welcoming and have had patience with me. I am going to have to get used to the early call times though, but everyone has been amazing. One thing I am hoping to have is my own show and going international,” he said.
The Culture Squad will be made up of fan favourites. This includes South Africa’s MTV Base VJ Search 2017 competition winner, Tshego Koke, as well as Farieda “Pharoahfi” Metsileng and Nomalanga ‘The Flame’ Shozi.
Copa del Rey: Barcelona Pulls An Epic Comback On Sevilla To Book A Place In The Final
‘The HIGHEST’ Sarkodie Becomes The First Ghanaian Musician To Score Over 700K Subscribers YouTube
The RockStar Virtual Concert- A Special Independence Day Event By Kuami Eugene
Black Satellites Full Squad Tests Positive For COVID-19 Ahead Of Morocco Showdown
Kotoko 6, Hearts of Oak 1 As CK Akonnor Names 32 Local Players For AFCON 2021 Qualifiers.
Video: Two Projects That Will Change The Music & Entertainment Landscape In Ghana, 3MUSIC HQ & TIGON STUDIOS.
The RockStar Virtual Concert- A Special Independence Day Event By Kuami Eugene
Watch Davido Perform Assurance & Jowo On Jimmy Kimmel Live
Breaking News: “[COVID-19 Vaccines] Is Safe For All People So Everybody Should Take Advantage”-Ex President Mahama
Sports3 days ago
Aduana Unveils Ex-Hearts Of Oak Asst Manager As Head Coach
Sports4 days ago
Super Clash Day: Check Out Team News And Possible XI Of Both Hearts and Kotoko
Sports4 days ago
Kotoko 0-0 Hearts: Two Penalties Missed As Super Clash Ends In A Draw
Sports4 days ago
I Will Make Sure ‘Some Individuals’ Go To Jail- Isaac Dogboe Threatens Youth and Sports Ministry