Sulwe, a children’s book written by Academy award-winning actress Lupita and illustrated by Vashti Harrison, is getting animated for Netflix.
The international streamer announced the news stating, “We’re so excited to announce SULWE, the animated musical, is coming to Netflix! Based off on Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o’s New York Times bestselling book, SULWE tells the story of a young girl born “the color of midnight” who learns to embrace her inner and outer beauty.”
source – kbc.co.ke
Did You Miss The Show? Relax, The BBNaija Lockdown Highlights Are Here.
BBNaija Lockdown came at a time we all needed it most last year. It was a welcome distraction from the fact that we were facing our first pandemic, stuck at home, and unable to have the extravagant weekend parties we loved so much. The housemates were a well-thought-out mix of people from different backgrounds, whose individualities brought their game on. From their first night on the show, fans could already tell that they would like the lockdown geng, and they were not wrong.
Now, only five months after the most anticipated BBNaija finale, MultiChoice is bringing back highlights from our favorite show, and we couldn’t be more excited! Here’s why we’re looking forward to the highlights show:
- Our Favourite housemates: Fans get a chance to relive the moments where they decided to start ‘stanning’ their favorite Lockdown star. Viewers have been following the ex-housemates’ growth since they left Big Brother’s house, but they don’t have full access to their lives. This highlight gives them the chance to relish the idea that they know what is going on in each housemate’s lives and it’s a way to rekindle their love for them.
- All the Ships: The lockdown edition was almost the ‘romance’ edition. From the first week, housemates were already creating triangles, pairing up and falling in love. Lilo and Eric had what seemed to be a whirlwind romance. Ozo, Dorathy and Nengi were in a triangle, and Erica was also in a triangle with Laycon and Kiddwaya. Interestingly, Prince had the most complicated of all the ships, stuck between Tolanibaj, Nengi, and Wathoni. Some other romances began towards the end of the show, with Wathoni and Brighto starting something new. Other relationships like Neo and Vee’s up-and-down love and Prince and Dora’s best friendship also kept viewers stuck to their screens. We can’t wait to relive the defining moments in each of these relationships. We want to see the exact moment each couple became a thing, and other extra members of the triangles gave up. We can already see the drama loading!
- We get to wear our detector hats: Watching the highlights will help us trace the relationships that have bloomed out of the house. We get a chance to figure out the moment it became clear that Lucy and Ka3na would never be able to make a friendship work. Viewers can also take a minute to study the moment things started to shift between Prince and Dorathy, from besties to who knows what. The detectives among us will have their romance detectors out, ready to catch the exact switch moments.
- The fights: Even though the Lockdown housemates were kind to each other, they had some epic clashes. Ka3na and Lucy probably had the highest share of arguments, but Tolanibaj also gave us hot moments. We can’t wait to rewatch the iconic Vee and Neo ‘meuuve’ moment or the Erica and Wathoni fight. They were all essential to the much-needed entertainment the show brought to our lives. We can already foresee all the drama the different fan bases will bring on social media after they rewatch these Big Brother house disputes.
- Re-analyse the most controversial moments: There were certain moments in the Lockdown edition that housemates have said were misrepresented. One of those moments – Praise and Ka3na’s aggressive cuddling may finally make sense after we rewatch the act. Getting to watch Laycon’s protective behaviour towards Erica regarding Kiddwaya may also put certain statements he made into perspective.
- A chance to ask our favorite housemates questions: That’s right! Throughout the duration of the show, MultiChoice will be giving you the chance to send in all your pressing questions for your favorite housemates. All you have to do is record yourself asking the questions and if you’re lucky, your video will be played during the reunion show and you get to watch the housemate attempt to answer your question. Exciting right?
The highlights show starts airing on Africa Magic Urban (DStv channel 153) and Africa Magic Family (DStv channel 154 & GOtv channel 2) tonight March 1, 2021. Download the DStv App on your android or iOS device so you don’t miss a moment.
Ennwai Releases Visuals For ‘Always Busy’ [Watch Here]
Ghanaian Afro-fusion artist, Ennwai has released the official video for his song ‘Always Busy’, directed by Scoby Philms. ‘Always Busy‘ is off his latest EP ‘My Time’ which was released on the 29th of January, 2021. The 4 tracked EP showcases an impressive solo project that describes the singer’s own moments with an inspiration to shine to the world.
Ennwai channels his energy mixed with his extraordinary vocals of afrobeat, dancehall, and reggae to bring to the doorsteps of music lovers this captivating song and video. The video shot in the environs of oceanic and coastal scenery sends out a message that ‘the devil is always busy, thus obstacles might come your way. But God is working’. Ennwai’s EP has gained him a large audience as his music is consumed by all.
Watch the official video here.
Nigerian Idol 2021 Premieres This March
Multichoice Nigeria last week announced that Season 6 of Nigerian Idol would premiere on 14 March.
The weekly show will return after a five-year hiatus and will be aired on DStv Channel 198 and GOtv Channel 29 at 6pm WAT.
The announcement follows online auditions, which were held from 29 November to 13 December when more than 3,600 entries were received. This year’s winner will walk away with a grand prize package worth more than ₦50m (about $130 000).
“This season of Nigerian Idol is like nothing you’ve ever seen,” MultiChoice Nigeria chief customer officer Martin Mabutho said. “In line with our promise to always bring the best and most entertaining content to our customers, we have put together a show that we’re sure will have viewers on the edge of their seats.
“Nigerian Idol is famed for producing superstars and this season, we’re going even bigger – with the grand prize and with everything else. We can’t wait to show you all we have planned.”
Africa Magic channel director Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu added: “We believe that this season’s Nigerian Idol will produce a fresh crop of talent who will be well-grounded to conquer both the local and global music scene.”
The show will be hosted by TV personality IK Osakioduwa and previously announced judges for the contest include Obi Asika, Seyi Shay and DJ Sose.
“I was excited when I was called to host this show because I once auditioned to host the contest and I didn’t get it,” Osakioduwa said. “I did go on to host something else that was just as grime and just as beautifully produced by African Magic or M-Net at the time, but now is a chance to go back and I am excited about this. I can guarantee that this will be like nothing the fans have ever seen.”
Government And Stakeholders Must Aid In Creating Wealth In The Creative Arts Industry- Hon. Awal Mohammed
Minister-designate for Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts, Hon. Awal Ibrahim Mohammed has said that there is a great need for the Ghanaian Government and stakeholders in the private sector to take interests and come together and work towards creating wealth in the creative arts industry.
According to the Minister-designate, the creative sector along with its artists must be supported to enjoy the enormous potential in the sector. In the Ministers quest to achieve this, he seeks to partner with movie makers to ensure that they produce enough quality films and series that will meet the demands of television stations. He announced that a $20million-dollar film studio will be built to become the hub for movie production in the West African sub-region.
Hon. Awal Mohammed explained that it frustrating that tourists visit the country and consume Western produced content instead of our local content. He said that tourists will spend more than 15% of their money on entertainment if there was much source of entertainment here.
“It is important that a significant percentage of content shown on television should reflect Ghanaian culture and norms.
“We want to build the studio to help us put out Ghanaian movie series so that primetime on TV should be at least 70% local content. We need to make our creative artists rich and strong. That will boost our creative industry,” he added.
Man City 0-2 Man Utd: Bruno and Shaw Halt City’s Incredible Winning Streak
Benzema: “Brazilian Ronaldo And Mike Tyson Were My Role Models
Berekum Chelsea 1-1 Medeama: Yellow and Mauves Hold Chelsea To A Stalemate
Black Satellites Full Squad Tests Positive For COVID-19 Ahead Of Morocco Showdown
Kotoko 6, Hearts of Oak 1 As CK Akonnor Names 32 Local Players For AFCON 2021 Qualifiers.
Video: Two Projects That Will Change The Music & Entertainment Landscape In Ghana, 3MUSIC HQ & TIGON STUDIOS.
Fashion Event4 days ago
Legendary Costumier/Entrepreneur, Wendy L’artisane, Outdoored As Developmental Queenmother Of Ngleshie-Lafa
Latest News5 days ago
‘The HIGHEST’ Sarkodie Becomes The First Ghanaian Musician To Score Over 700K Subscribers YouTube
Music3 days ago
3Music Unveils Top 30 Women In Music [SEE LIST HERE]
Sports14 hours ago
Eleven Wonders 1-0 Legon Cities: Michael Osei Fires Wonders Back To Winning Ways