LAGOS STATE – NIGERIA, Thursday February 13, 2020/www.gbafrica.net/ – Afro-fusion heavy-weight and 2020 Nigerian Grammy Award nominee, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, known professionally as Burna Boy, has been voted the 2019 Most Influential Young Nigerian in a ranking poll collated by leading PR & Rating firm, Avance Media.
Burna Boy who rose to prominence in 2012, after the release ofhis “Like to Party” Album has mastered his craft to become the shining star of the Nigerian entertainment industry coupled withsterling international accolades including a BET Award and a nomination in the 2020 Grammy Awards. His expression of music which is Afrobeats has become a global trend and a genre he is championing for global recognition with other African artists. In 2019, he was also named among Africa Youth Award’s 100 Most Influential Young Africans.
In the keenly contested poll which lasted for 2 weeks, following him closely in the ranking was his co-entertainer and musician Teni, who also earned for herself a mark of being the most influential female on the list outlining her accomplishments in 2019. The ranking, which was launched in 2016 by Avance Media, had been won by Actress Funke Akindele (2016), Victor Moses (2017) and Davido (2018) who were voted as the most influential young Nigerians in their respective years.
Representing with Burna Boy among the top 5 young Nigerians on the list spearheaded by Avance Media in partnership with Reset Global People, VIPI State, Jagari Designs, Surge Studios, Watsup TV, Asuavo Security and Cliq Africa are Teni (Musician), John Obidi (CEO, HeadstartAfrica), Odunayo Eweniyi (Cofounder, PiggyVest) and AsisatOshoala (Footballer, FC Barcelona Femení).
According to the Managing Director of Avance Media, Prince Akpah, “the ranking which celebrates young people annually features 100 inspiring change-makers and leaders making great accomplishments in their diverse industries. Be it as entrepreneurs, musicians, activists, media personalities, social impact and philanthropy leaders, public servants, thought leaders and politicians’’.
Below are winners in the various categories:
- Business – Adewale Aladejana (CEO, Sapphire Scents)
- Entertainment – Burna Boy (Musician)
- Law & Governance – Seun Fakorede (Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Oyo State)
- Leadership & Civil Society – Funke Adeoye (Co-founder, Hope Behind Bars Africa)
- Lifestyle – Broda Shaggi (Comedian)
- Media – Kiki Mordi (Journalist)
- Personal Development & Academia – John Obidi (CEO, Headstart Africa)
- Science & Technology – Odunayo Eweniyi (Cofounder, PiggyVest)
- Social Enterprise & Philanthropy – Sipasi Olalekan Ayodele(Founder, Protect Ozone)
- Sports – Asisat Oshoala (Footballer, FC Barcelona Femení)
Below is the list of Avance Media’s 2019 100 Most Influential Young Nigerians:
- Burna Boy (Musician)
- Teni (Musician)
- John Obidi (CEO, Headstart Africa)
- Odunayo Eweniyi (Cofounder, PiggyVest)
- Asisat Oshoala (Footballer, FC Barcelona Femení)
- Wizkid (Musician)
- Broda Shaggi (Comedian)
- Falz (Musician)
- Mr Eazi (Musician)
- Davido (Musician)
- Alex Iwobi (Footballer, Everton FC)
- Rema (Musician)
- Kiki Mordi (Journalist)
- Victor AD (Musician)
- Sipasi Olalekan Ayodele (Founder, Protect Ozone)
- Adewale Aladejana (CEO, Sapphire Scents)
- Zlatan (Musician)
- Seun Fakorede (Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Oyo State)
- Yemi Alade (Musician)
- Ukinebo Dare (Managing Director, Edo State Skills Development Agency)
- Ola Brown (Dr.) (Founder, Flying Doctors Nigeria)
- Edirin Edewor (Founder, Online Publishers and Entrepreneurs Network)
- Funke Adeoye (Cofounder, Hope Behind Bars Africa)
- Nike Folagbade (Lead Consultant, Nike FolagbadeInternational)
- Sandra Ezekwesili (OAP, Nigeria Info FM)
- Onyeka Akumah (Founder, Farmcrowdy)
- Vivian Sonny – Nsirim (Founder, Young Moms Support Initiative)
- Olawale Ayilara (CEO, Landwey Investment Limited)
- Uzoma Nwagba (COO, Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme)
- Isaac Success Omoyele (Founder, Dreams from the Slum)
- Stephanie Coker (OAP)
- Samson Itodo (Executive Director, YIAGA)
- Grace Ihejiamaizu (Founder, OpportunityDesk.org)
- Etop Ikpe (CEO, Cars45)
- Ibukun Onitiju (Head of Digital, Nestle Central and West Africa Region)
- Arit Okpo (TV Host, CNN Africa)
- DJ Cuppy (DJ)
- Uche Pedro (Blogger, Bella Naija)
- Oluwatobi Oyinlola (IoT Evangelist, Intel)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Footballer, Villarreal CF)
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Footballer, Leceister FC)
- Bella Disu (Vice Chairman, Globacom)
- Ayodeji Osowobi (Founder, Stand to End Rape)
- Temie Giwa-Tubosun (CEO, Lifebank)
- VJ Adams (OAP, Soundcity TV)
- Crazeclown (Comedian)
- Sydney Talker (Comedian)
- Shola Lawal (Journalist)
- Otto Orondaam (Founder, Slum2School Africa)
- Esther Agbarakwe (Communications and Public Mobilization, UN)
- Egbiri Egbiri (Principal Legal Counsel, African Development Bank Group)
- Sandra Uleyi Itu (CEO, Leyi Ush)
- Hamzat Lawal (CEO, Connected Development)
- Reginald Aziza (Attorney, Chevron Nigeria Limited)
- OluTimehin Adegbeye (Writer)
- Victor Osimhen (Footballer, Lille)
- Kelechukwu Nwachukwu Lucky (Founder, Youth Network Against Female Genital Mutilation)
- Obi Ozor (Founder, Kobo360)
- Seyi Tinubu (CEO, Loatsad Promomedia Ltd)
- Ogechukwu Alexis Obah (CEO, Bodylikemilk)
- Evans Akanno (CEO, Cregital)
- Peter Tega Oghenejobo (COO, Mavin Records)
- Eyitayo Ogunmola (CEO, Utiva)
- Helen Chukwu (CEO, Helen Couture)
- Rt. Honourable Adebo Ogundoyin (Speaker, Oyo State House of Assembly)
- Akinkunmi Akinwunmi (Managing Partner, Paragon Advisors)
- Tolani Alli (Photographer)
- Chinedu Azodoh (Co-founder, Max.ng)
- George Omoraro (CEO, The Rage Group)
- Oluwamayowa Tijani (Journalist)
- Bisayo Busari Akinnadeju (Founder, Project One Productions)
- Funny Toheeb (Comedian)
- Philip Obaji (Founder, 1 GAME: Football without Violence initiative)
- Oluwatobi Ajayi (CEO, Nord Automobiles)
- Abayomi Okubote (Senior Associate, Olaniwun Ajayi LP)
- Bright Jaja (Founder, iCreate Africa)
- Rt. Hon. Abok Nuhu Ayuba (Speaker, Plateau State House of Assembly)
- Olumide Idowu (Co-Founder, International Climate Change Development Initiative)
- Otosirieze Obi-Young (Writer)
- Efe Ajagba (Boxer)
- Anna Ekeledo (ED, Afrilabs)
- Adetola Onayemi (Assistant Chief Negotiator, Nigerian Office for Trade Negotiations)
- Abisola Akintunde (CEO, MakeupbyAshabee)
- Francisca Ordega (Footballer, Shanghai Shenhua)
- Gideon Olanrewaju (CEO, Aid for Rural Education Access Initiative)
- Ire Aderinokun (Cofounder, BuyCoins)
- Idia Aisien (OAP)
- Abubakar Falalu (CEO, Falgates)
- Richard Akuson (LGBTQ+ rights activist)
- Yagazie Eguare (Photographer)
- Zang Luka Bot (CEO, Zang Technology)
- Fred Oyetayo (CEO, Fresible)
- Didi Akinyelure (Journalist)
- Alli-Bob Cinwon (Founder, Evergreen Initiative)
- Olaseni Cole (Founder, Young Empowered Programmers)
- Joey Akan (Journalist)
- Hon Yusuf Adebisi (Rep, Ibadan South West 1 State Constituency)
- Isaac Success (Footballer, Watford FC)
- Desire Oparanozie (Footballer, Guingamp)
- Leke James (Footballer, Molde FK)
Electrifying Kweku Greene To Debut New Single ‘Juju’
He recently charmed the entire nation with his meticulous voice and graciously sat on the seat of hitmakers after the release of his maiden single famous. Not relenting on his efforts, Kweku Greene has announced a release date for his second single ‘JUJU’ under Horizon Records GH and the streets can’t keep calm.
For an upcoming artiste to have been able to give established artists a run for their money with a first single and garnering about 60% of street fans to his camp amidst series of radio and tv AirPlays, we are certain that Greene will break international boundaries with this second record.
With their aim of going global, Kweku Greene and his hardworking label, Horizon Records GH have announced 29th September 2020 as the release date for their second hit single JUJU.
Juju, an African jargon which translates ‘ CHARM’ is enough reason the entire industry is certain that Kweku Greene is a perfect fit to carry on the respected Ghanaian music legacy.
On ‘Juju’, the singer admires the bodily features of his partner and gave guidelines on how lovers especially guy’s will win the hearts of their partners with appellations. It has this groovy feel created to fit all genres of occasions.
Fans of Kweku Greene (Greenades) and music enthusiasts are super excited for this news and for the record, no artiste can boast of such genuine support. He keeps soaring higher each day with his creative dynamism.
Juju has come to bridge the gap between local and international acts as it has got all the elements to match the Burna boy’s or even better. As usual, the singer, known for his amazing voice garnished the song in a style that is beyond the reach of any Ghanaian artiste.
The song was creatively produced by Two Bars and can be accessed on all download portals. Get interactive on social media by following these handles.
DredW Serves Up New Single ‘LOML’ Featuring Wondaboy | LISTEN
Ghanaian super producer and disc jockey DredW, drops another powerful song titled ‘LOML’, featuring Nigerian singer, Wondaboy. The two have built some chemistry after working together on creating ‘Choco Milo’, the producer’s debut release. ‘LOML’ is available globally here: https://ampl.ink/prGxD
On this mid-tempo Afrobeat record, the singer delivers with his pleasing textured voice, backed by sweet saxophone melodies to make you want to enjoy the moments with that special one. ”This song is a vibe for you and the love of your life. The beat is a soothing one that allows Wondaboy to flex his singing and writing skills. The saxophonist did a good job backing Wondaboy with sweet tones”, expresses DredW.
‘LOML’, a single taken off DredW’s forthcoming EP which will definitely cement his status as one of the finest and hardworking Ghanaian producers. Support this talent by streaming and sharing ‘LOML’ with your friends and loved ones.
CONNECT WITH DREDW ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Blvck Vaper Speaks Deep In His New Project – “MindTrap EP” | LISTEN
Talented US-based Ghanaian rapper on his way up in his new music career has finally released his new project. Already released a couple of songs, the rapper is giving us more of himself by in his new Project.
Titled “MindTrap”, the EP is a 6-track Tape that talks against hate, racism, betrayal, and more. The Hip-Hop EP goes on to focus on doing loving each other, supporting each other, showing appreciation, and more.
The tape is available on all digital stores worldwide.
Connect with Blvck Vaper on these socials below.
Facebook: Blvck Vaper (https://www.facebook.com/BlvckVaper/)
Twitter: @BlvckVaper (https://twitter.com/BlvckVaper?s=12)
SUSANNA: Veteran Ghanaian Musician, Aka Blay, Drops A Collaborative Project [LISTEN]
Veteran Ghanaian musician and of the nation’s finest guitarists, Aka Blay teams up with Trigmatic to deliver a beautiful ballad for your absolute listening pleasure.
Titled ‘Susanna’, Aka Blay and Trigmatic perform the song as a duet, with their silky vocals and cadence stringed together by guitar strings which are wholesome to the soul. Like the song’s title, Susanna is the mystery girl and center piece of this sweet-sounding tune. Both artists sing their hearts out to the damsel, calling on her to come back home.
A phenomenal and versatile player, Aka Blay has grown comfortable with a variety of genres including: Highlife, Reggae, Jazz, Afrobeat, Blues and Rock over his many years of musical acumen which span an incredible 31 years.
Accordingly, Aka Blay describes himself as a man constantly in search of new musical knowledge, with no signs of slowing down. ‘Susanna’ sounds original as it is charming. It’s a perfect blend of strings and vocals, pieced together elegantly to brighten up your soul.
CONNECT WITH AKA BLAY AND TRIGMATIC
FACEBOOK: Akablay Akblay
Bayern Munich Unbeaten Streak Stretches To 28 Games After A 2-1 Victory Over Sevilla
Stonebwoy Tours Big Boss Energy Drink Factory
Facebook To Open Its Second African Office In Lagos, Nigeria
KiDi Debuts Number 15 On World Billboard Charts With “Say Cheese Remix”
Shatta Wale Fled From A Live Clash; Feared To Battle Stonebwoy In A Freestyle Session
Queen Elizabeth Honors 95-year-old Ghanaian Veteran; Meet Ex British Army Soldier Behind The Initiative – Derrick Cobbinah
Music4 days ago
JUST WOKE UP: Record Producer, Nektunez, Drops Smooth Jazz EP
Feature1 day ago
MEET FRANKY 5: The Tale Of A Banker Turned Journalist
Audio3 days ago
MC Dementor Recruits Qhola Beatz For First Major Afrobeats Song “Do Me, I Do You” [LISTEN]
Radio and TV News3 days ago
DISCLAIMER: Impersonation Of DJ Millzy On Social Media